Shroff Publishers and Distributors Private Limited has a tie up to reprint and distribute
a few US publishers like O'Reilly & Associates, Packt Publishing, Mike Murach &
Associates, Rampant TechPress, Pragmatic Bookshelf, IBM Redbooks, MC Press, Discovery
O'Reilly & Associates is owned by Tim O'Reilly, and the books published by O'Reilly
are considered the most technically proficient written manuals in the world of international
publishing. O'Reilly are also well known for another unique feature ...........
having various kinds of animals on their covers. Like the titles, "ASP in a Nutshell"
and "Developing ASP Components" have a picture of an asp snake on them. Similarly
their best-seller title, "Java in a Nutshell" has a Tiger on the cover, their "Programming
Perl" book is called "The Camel Book". Every title has a colophon at the end of
the book describing the animal on the cover. O'Reilly titles have been dominating
the Indian market for quite some years now.
Some of the all-time bestsellers are "Java Servlet Programming", "Enterprise JavaBeans",
in a Nutshell". Current bestsellers are "Head First Series", "Missing Maunual Series",
"Programming C# - Covers C# 3.0, 5th Edition" and "PC Hardware in a Nutshell"
Shroff Publishers were instrumental in promoting Wrox Press titles till their liquidation
in March 2003. Wrox Press as an entity ceases to exist and the assets have been
split and sold to two US-based publishers. One has picked up the name and logo with
10% titles and the other has acquired balance 90%. Till their liquidation Shroff
Publishers established the Wrox brand so aggressively that it caught the fancy of
computer programmers all over India within a very short span. Almost all titles
were instant bestsellers.
Some of the bestsellers of the recent publishers being promoted by Shroff Publishers
are "Documentum Content Management Foundations" and "EJB 3 Developer Guide" from
Packt Publishing. "Murach's Java Servlets and JSP, 2nd Edition" and "Murach's Visual
Basic 2008" from Mike Murach. "Job Interview Series" and "Oracle Series" from Rampant
TechPress. "Java Server Programming for Professionals - Covers Java EE 5, 2nd Edition",
"Oracle for Professionals - Covers Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g" and "Java EE 5 for Beginners,
2nd Edition" from X-Team.
The Shroff Publishers reprints have now become immensely popular in India amongst
the computer book enthusiasts. One important aspect of the Indian reprints are the
prices, the prices are very reasonable considering the high quality of production.
Currently, with over 800 O'Reilly titles and 600+ other titles, Shroff Publishers
have dominated the computer book market for the past few years in India through
five distribution locations, Bombay, Kolkata, Delhi, Chennai and Bangalore and a
channel of 600+ retail outlets.