Every developer appreciates a new tool in thetoolbox—and with SAP Gateway, SAP has just given you a big one: OData. Learnwhat you can do when you introduce your SAP system to the wide world of openstandards. Whether you’re building mobile, social media, web, or enterpriseapplications, OData and Gateway can help, and this book will show you how.
- Get the basics on the OData protocol and REST development paradigm
- Learn how to create OData services via service development and generation
- Explore examples of applications built using OData services and SAP Gateway
In this book, you'll learn about:
OData and REST
Brush up on the basics. Get a primer on OData and the REST developmentparadigm.
Installation, Configuration, and Deployment
Set it up. Learn about your first steps and what deployment options are bestfor you.
Build the foundation. From data model definition to service implementationto service maintenance, get a deep-dive on code-based service creation.
Get to know your options. Find out how to use the RFC/BOR Generator,redefinition, and model composition to create services without writing a singleline of code.
Put it in action. Learn about the SAP Gateway Productivity Accelerator and howto build applications for iPhone, Android, Windows,Twitter, Facebook, and more.
- OData and REST
- Software components and add-ons
- Deployment options
- SAP Gateway Service Builder
- Data model definition
- Service implementation
- Service maintenance
- Service documents
- SAP Gateway Productivity Accelerator
- iPhone, Android, Windows, Twitter, Facebook applications
- Authentication and single sign-on