You finally took the plunge and bought a Mac. Whether yours is a MacBook, Mac Pro, Mac mini, or iMac—it's still a Mac, and it runs the Macintosh operating system, Mac OS X.
But what do you do with your Mac after you turn it on? Do you even know how to turn it on and off properly or put it to sleep? You need a book like My New Mac to make everything easy.
Wallace Wang, author of the best-selling Steal This Computer Book, will show you, step-by-step, how to use tools like iPhoto to organize your photos, track birthdays with iCal, and clip and save information from the Internet so you can find it again.
You'll find simple projects that will show you how to:
- Organize your files and folders by color and keyword
- View stocks, flights, and the weather
- Set up and manage parental controls to limit your children's computer and Internet access
- Play and burn CDs and DVDs
- Transfer photos from your digital camera to your computer
- Share songs, images, and documents wirelessly between Macs
Don't put off learning how to use your new computer. Let Wallace Wang show you the ropes with My New Mac.
About the Author
Wallace Wang is the author of several best-selling computer books including the Steal This Computer Book series, Steal This File Sharing Book, The Book of Nero, and Visual Basic 2005 Express: Now Playing (all No Starch Press). He is also a successful standup comic who has appeared on A&E's "Evening at the Improv" and appears regularly at the Riviera Comedy Club in Las Vegas.