- Understand the architecture of Atlas and the role played by server controls, such as ScriptManager and UpdatePanel
- Build more interactive pages using controls and extenders to autocomplete text fields, validate user input, drag and drop controls, and much more
- Bind, display, and update data without causing the entire page to refresh, and use the Atlas web services bridge to consume third-party services beyond the domain of your application
- Incorporate Microsoft Virtual Earth into an application, use Atlas with Web Parts, and create a Windows Live Gadget
- Use Atlas with PHP and explore other non-Microsoft Ajax tools for ASP.NET
About the Authors Christian Wenz is a Microsoft ASP.NET MVP, a freelance consultant, and author of numerous computer books in German and English.