The most up-to-date look at the ever-evolvingproject management field, Financially Focused Project Management supplies awide range of strategies and methods to help you successfully meet thechallenges of changing economic conditions, technology, resources,requirements, schedules, and budgets. Written by a best-selling author andexpert with over 20 years of experience, this financially focused book containsproject management methods that you can use to ensure your company successfullymeets established consumer and shareholder expectations and investmentcommunity demands. Cappels’ clear and concise explanations of provenfinancially focused project management tools and techniques, including thehuman aspects, give you a varied and flexible skill set.
Hundreds of millions of dollars have been saved, and billionsmore will be, when the worlds of Project Management and Finance are united asoutlined in this text. Financially Focused Project Management is designed foruse as a professional reference, training tool, and academic classroom text. Itdelineates the best practices of hundreds of successful companies, covers boththe basics and advanced topics, and provides a unique approach that will helpensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and meet planned financialobjectives.
- Covers the latest advancements in project management office, project portfolio management, virtual project management, project management software, the people side of project management and more
- Illustrates how to apply a financially focused method that ensures company profits are always in the forefront of business decision making
- Shows management teams how to effectively address the many financial, quality, ethical, and stakeholder-related issues that challenge domestic and global organizations
- Contains case studies, exercises and thought-provoking questions that reinforce learning
- Offers free downloadable Power Point slides, a Project Management Software Guide, and an extensive Glossary of Project Management Terms