- Know when and how to use LINQ to JSON, LINQ to XML, and LINQ to Objects
- Learn how Silverlight 2 applications bind, pass, read, save, query and present data
- Discover how your application can call web services to work with SOAP, REST, RSS, AtomPub, POX and JSON
- Design REST, ASMX, and WCF web services that communicate with Silverlight 2
- Harness RESTful web services such as Digg, Amazon and Twitter
- Retrieve and save data using the new Entity Framework and WCF
- Work with RESTful ADO.NET Data Services and its Silverlight client library to move data between your Silverlight application and database
Data-Driven Services with Silverlight 2 offers many tips and tricks for building data-rich business applications, and covers the scenarios you're most likely to encounter. Complete examples in C# and VB can be downloaded from the books companion website. About the Author John Papa is a Microsoft C# MVP, INETA speaker, member of the WPF and Silverlight Insiders, consultant, speaker, author, and trainer for ASPSOFT who specializes in professional application development with Microsoft technologies including VB, C#, .NET and SQL Server. John has written over 60 articles and authored several books on data access technologies including ASP.NET, WPF, Silverlight, ADO.NET, XML, and SQL Server. He can often be found speaking at industry conferences such as VSLive and DevConnections, and viewed on MSDN Web Casts. John is currently working in his upcoming book Data-Driven Services with Silverlight 2 by OâReilly due out in December 2008. You can always find John at johnpapa.net.