TYPO3 is one of the world's leading open source content management systems, written in PHP, which can be used to create and customize your web site. Along with text content, you can display high quality images, audio, and video to your site's visitors by using TYPO3. It is essential to manage various types of multimedia files in content management systems for both editors and the users on the frontend of the site.
The book gives you a step-by-step process for organizing an effective multimedia system. It also gives solutions to commonly encountered problems, and offers a variety of tools for dealing with multimedia content. The author's experience in large-scale systems enables him to share his effective solutions to these problems.
If you choose to work through all the recipes from the beginning, you will start by setting up a basic web site set up, aimed at future expansion and scalability. Next, you will cover the basics of digital asset management—a major topic important in all enterprises. You can organize user groups because next you will be creating accounts for users and assigning permissions. Then you will jump into metadata—text information describing the multimedia objects—and learn how it can be manipulated in TYPO3. You will embed multimedia on your site when you have read the various methods for embedding mentioned in this book. Before you finish the book you will learn about some advanced topics, such as external API integrations and process automation.
What You Will Learn
- Create impressive web sites by embedding images and manipulating them within Rich Text Editors by using content elements
- Render videos and customize their display with the options in the content media object
- Render your audio and video on several pages by administering it just in a single location using a TypoScript object
- Create services that will automatically update Digital Asset Management records when an audio file is uploaded to your site
- Allow web users to upload files into the system by creating an extension in TYPO3
- Extract different formats of metadata and classify files using file metadata
- Expand the system by leveraging services, specifically Amazon S3, Flickr, and YouTube and achieve limitless storage using Amazon S3
- Enhance your CMS by adding different processing capabilities such as parsing metadata and converting files to your site
- Automate workflows and processes in TYPO3
Dan Osipov has worked with TYPO3 CMS for over two years on a full time basis. He created the system architecture used to power high-traffic, dynamic news sites, where emphasis is placed on multimedia and relevancy. He is also a member of Digital Asset Management team, focused on development of the DAM extension for TYPO3.
Table of Contents
2:MANAGING DIGITAL ASSETS
3:OPERATING WITH METADATA IN MEDIA FILES
5:RENDERING VIDEO AND AUDIO
6:CONNECTING TO EXTERNAL APIS
No posts found