Ifyou're new to ActionScript 3.0, or want to enhance your skill set, thisbestselling book is the ideal guide. Designers, developers, and programmersalike will find Learning ActionScript 3.0 invaluablefor navigating ActionScript 3.0's learning curve. You'll learn the language bygetting a clear look at essential topics such as logic, event handling,displaying content, classes, and much more.
Updatedfor Flash Professional CS5, this revised and expanded edition delivers hands-onexercises and full-color code samples to help you increase your abilities asyou progress through the book. Topics are introduced with basic syntax andclass-based examples, so you can set your own pace for learning object-orientedprogramming.
- Harness the power and performance of ActionScript 3.0
- Control sound and video, including new access to microphone data
- Create art with code by drawing vectors and pixels at runtime
- Manipulate text with unprecedented typographic control
- Animate graphics, create particle systems, and apply simple physics
- Avoid common coding mistakes and reuse code for improved productivity
- Load SWF, image, text, HTML, CSS, and XML file formats, and more
Authors Rich Shupe andZevan Rosser draw on their experience as Flash developers and instructors togive you a solid ActionScript foundation, revealing ways you can use code forpractical, everyday projects.