Do you want to develop mobile apps with Javaâand have them work on a variety of devices powered by iOS and Android? Youâve come to the right place.
- Get started with GWT by building an example Twitter search app
- Build a example web app and adapt it for mobile with CSS
- Add touch centric controls with the GWT Mobile UI library
- Develop a working wine journal app that tracks a userâs GPS location
- Use techniques to make a mobile version of your web or desktop app
- Work with HTML5 Canvas to build a mobile video game
- Package your apps for iOS, webOS, and Android with PhoneGap
About the Author
Joshua Marinacci first tried Java in 1995 at the request of his favorite TA and never looked back. He has spent the last fifteen years writing Java user interfaces for wireless, web, and desktop platforms. After co-writing Swing Hacks with Chris Adamson, Joshua spent five years at Sun working on Java user interfaces full-time; contributing to Swing, NetBeans, JavaFX, and the Java Store. Then he explored the mobile web for two years as a developer advocate for webOS and has recently joined Nokia as a researcher. Joshua holds a BS in Computer Science from Georgia Tech and lives in Eugene, Oregon with his wife and baby son.