Learnhow to quickly build cool electronic gadgets with .NET Gadgeteer. With theeasy-to-follow instructions in this guide, you’ll tackle five fascinatingprojects, using Microsoft’s rapid prototyping Gadgeteer platform. There’s nosoldering involved—you simply plug in modules that make gadget-building quickand easy.
Idealfor beginners, this book shows you how to work with modules and other hardwarein the popular Fez Spider Starter Kit, and teaches you how to program yourgadgets with Visual Studio C# Express and the .NET Micro Framework 4.1 SDK.You’ll soon learn a wide range of programming techniques along with the skillsto design your own projects.
- Get to know the software and hardware with a simple LED project
- Download code from the companion site to build and test each project
- Build a spy camera that automatically captures and saves images at regular intervals
- Construct a simple animated game with the joystick module
- Create a web server that sends messages you draw or write on the touchscreen module
- Build a gadget that backs up digital images from an SD card to a USB flash drive
- Learn about other .NET Gadgeteer modules for creating environmental sensors, an MP3 player, and a WiFi network