Two experts from Puppet Labs explain the concepts behind these APIs, and provide instructions and examples to help you write your own fully functional types and providers. Youâll also delve into Puppetâs source code to get a better understanding of how types and providers are implemented internally. If youâre familiar with basic Puppet concepts, youâre ready to get started.
- Learn the fundamental concepts behind resources, and become familiar with the structure of Puppetâs Resource Model
- Discover how the type API is used to create new resource types that Puppet can manage
- Understand how providers interact with the system to achieve the desired state of a declared resource
- Explore advanced features to get a more complete understanding of how Puppet works
- Simplify the troubleshooting process when developing types and providers
About the Authors
Dan Bode has worked in the technology industry as a consultant and software developer for the past decade. He has spent most of the last 4 years building infrastructure automation solutions and teaching people how to use Puppet. He currently works in the Business Development at PuppetLabs where he spends his time researching technologies and integrating them with Puppet.
Nan Liu is Business Development Engineer at Puppet Labs who provides Puppet integration solutions for third party partners. Prior to BD, he's part Puppet Labs professional service team who travels globally to train users of Puppet and provide implementation and architectural consulting for Puppet Labs customers worldwide.