If you want to enrich your game’s experiencewith physics-based realism, the expanded edition of this classic book detailsphysics principles applicable to game development. You’ll learn aboutcollisions, explosions, sound, projectiles, and other effects used in games onWii, PlayStation, Xbox, smartphones, and tablets. You’ll also get a handle onhow to take advantage of various sensors such as accelerometers and opticaltracking devices.
Authors David Bourg and BryanBywalec show you how to develop your own solutions to a varietyof problems by providing technical background, formulas, and a few codeexamples. This updated book is indispensable whether you work alone or as partof a team.
- Refresh your knowledge of classical mechanics, including kinematics, force, kinetics, and collision response
- Explore rigid body dynamics, using real-time 2D and 3D simulations to handle rotation and inertia
- Apply concepts to real-world problems: model the behavior of boats, airplanes, cars, and sports balls
- Enhance your games with digital physics, using accelerometers, touch screens, GPS, optical tracking devices, and 3D displays
- Capture 3D sound effects with the OpenAL audio API