Agile methodologies like Scrum focus on customer values in an incremental way. Regular planning, tracking, reporting, and improving can become equally challenging from a project management perspective. GreenHopper is a tooling support for JIRA that offers easy adoption of agile practices through rich interfaces for effective team collaboration and project management.
Agile Project Management with GreenHopper 6 Blueprints is a step-by-step guide that teaches you how to manage agile projects using the GreenHopper tooling system. With easy adoption using pre-sets for Scrum & Kanban, the rich interface focuses on the work at hand, increasing team productivity. Executing sprints, tracking sprints, and reporting on agile projects has never been so easy. The integration with different development environments helps teams to focus on collaboration, communication, and continuous improvement. This book covers agile project management concepts using GreenHopper.
You will learn about backlog management for your agile team, how to create projects and boards for your agile team, and how to create new backlog items, prioritize items, estimate backlog items, create sprints, and update technical task status and report on the same.
You will learn everything you need to know about managing an agile project using GreenHopper and how to achieve the best value for your team.
What You Will Learn
- Install GreenHopper and create projects and boards for your team
- Use GreenHopper’s rich interface features
- Learn about agile concepts and which GreenHopper tools are best suited for each
- Master backlog creation, prioritization, and estimation of items
- Understand sprint creation, how to execute sprints, time tracking, and how to manage sprint backlogs
- Use task boards effectively and create custom workflow status’ and column and update task status’
- Use JIRA filters effectively, including Quick Filters, Swimlanes, and card colours
- Analyze burndown charts effectively for sprint tracking
- Complete a sprint, manage unfinished backlog items, and generate sprint reports
- Use velocity charts, epic reports, control charts, and cumulative flow diagrams
- Manage Kanban teams using GreenHopper, create Kanban boards, control work in progress, and find bottlenecks in your system and report them to your Kanban team
- Understand GreenHopper integration points that support your agile team
He is currently located in Amsterdam, working as a Java Software Architect for one of the top e-commerce platforms in Netherlands.
Table of Contents
1:GETTING STARTED WITH GREENHOPPER
2:PLANNING YOUR SPRINTS WITH GREENHOPPER
3:ESTIMATING AND TIME TRACKING
4:USING THE WORK BOARD TO UPDATE ISSUES
5:USING QUICK FILTERS AND HIGHLIGHTING ISSUES
6:UNDERSTANDING THE BURNDOWN CHART
7:ENDING A SPRINT
8:PROJECT REPORTING USING CHARTS
9:MANAGING KANBAN TEAM WITH GREENHOPPER
No posts found