If you’re an experienced Java developer inthe enterprise, this practical, hands-on book shows you how to use OSGi todesign, develop, and deploy modular cloud applications. You’ll quickly learnhow to use OSGi, through concise code examples and a set of best practicesderived from the authors’ experiences with real-world projects.
Through the course of this book, you’ll learn to develop modern webapplications with tools and techniques such as RESTful Web Services, NoSQL,provisioning, elasticity, Auto Scaling, hotfixes, and automatic failover. Codesamples are available from GitHub.
- Work with dynamic OSGi services to create modular applications
- Explore the basics of OSGi bundles and modular application design
- Learn advanced topics, including semantic versioning, integration testing, and configuring components
- Understand OSGi pitfalls, anti-patterns, and features you should avoid
- Create a modular architecture for cloud-based web applications
- Discover how maintainability, extensibility, scalability, and testability are affected by modular design
- Get a look at various options for creating web applications with a modular approach
- Interact with persistent storage services, including relational databases and NoSQL
- Examine alternatives for deploying modular applications to the cloud