Atmel's AVR microcontrollers are the chipsthat power Arduino, and are the go-to chip for many hobbyist and hardwarehacking projects. In this book you'll set aside the layers of abstractionprovided by the Arduino environment and learn how to program AVRmicrocontrollers directly. In doing so, you'll get closer to the chip andyou'll be able to squeeze more power and features out of it.
Each chapter of this book is centered around projects that incorporate thatparticular microcontroller topic. Each project includes schematics, code, andillustrations of a working project.
- Program a range of AVR chips
- Extend and re-use other people’s code and circuits
- Interface with USB, I2C, and SPI peripheral devices
- Learn to access the full range of power and speed of the microcontroller
- Build projects including Cylon Eyes, a Square-Wave Organ, an AM Radio, a Passive Light-Sensor Alarm, Temperature Logger, and more
- Understand what's happening behind the scenes even when using the Arduino IDE