Make sure your website or web application users getcontent updates right now with minimal latency. This concise guide shows youhow to push new data from the server to clients with HTML5 Server-Sent Events(SSE), an exceptional technology that doesn’t require constant polling or userinteraction. You’ll learn how to build a real-world SSE application from startto finish that solves a demanding domain problem.
- Determine whether SSE, WebSockets, or data pull is bestfor your organization
- Develop a working SSE application complete with backendand frontend solutions
- Address error handling, system recovery, and other issuesto make the application production-quality
- Explore two fallback solutions for browsers that don’tsupport SSE
- Tackle security issues, including authorization and"disallowed origin"
- Develop realistic, repeatable data that’s useful intest-driven SSE design
- Learn SSE protocol elements not covered in the exampleapplication