Deliver an optimal user experience to alldevices—including tablets, smartphones, feature phones, laptops, and largescreens—by learning the basics of responsive web design. In this hands-onguide, UX designer Clarissa Peterson explains how responsive web design works,and takes you through a responsive workflow from project kickoff to sitelaunch.
Ideal for anyone involved in the process of creatingwebsites—not just developers—this book teaches you fundamental strategies andtechniques for using HTML and CSS to design websites that not only adapt to anyscreen size, but also use progressive enhancement to provide a better userexperience based on device capabilities such as touchscreens and retina displays.
- Start with content strategy before creating a visualdesign
- Learn why your default design should be for the narrowestscreens
- Explore the HTML elements and CSS properties essentialfor responsive web design
- Use media queries to display different CSS styles basedon a device’s viewport width
- Handle elements such as images, typography, andnavigation
- Use performance optimization techniques to make your sitelighter and faster