All Indian Reprints of O'Reilly are printed in Grayscale.
Whether youre a budding blogger or seasoned Web designer, WordPress is a brilliant tool for creating websites, once you know how to tap its impressive features. The latest edition of this jargon-free Missing Manual shows you how to use WordPress 3.9s themes, widgets, plug-ins, and souped-up editing and multimedia tools to build just about any kind of site.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Create your site. Get hands-on, A-to-Z instructions for building all types of websites, from classy blogs to professional-looking ecommerce sites.
- Add features. Choose from thousands of widgets and plug-ins to enhance your sites ease of use, looks, and performance.
- Mix in multimedia. Add picture galleries, slideshows, video clips, music players, and podcasts to your pages.
- Attract an audience. Create automatic content feeds, sign up site subscribers, and help readers share your posts on social media.
- Fine-tune your content. Analyze site statistics to improve your content and reach, and to optimize your site for search engines.
- Go Mobile. Choose a theme that automatically reconfigures your site for mobile devices.
- Build a truly unique site. Learn how to customize WordPress themes to create a site that looks exactly the way you want it to.
Matthew MacDonald is a science and technology writer with well over a dozen books to his name. Web novices can tiptoe out onto the Internet with him in Creating a Website: The Missing Manual. HTML fans can learn about the cutting edge of web design in HTML5: The Missing Manual. And human beings of all description can discover just how strange they really are in the quirky handbooks Your Brain: The Missing
Manual and Your Body: The Missing Manual.