Get up and runningwith OpenStack Swift, the free, open source solution for deployinghigh-performance object storage clusters at scale. In this practical guide, JoeArnold, co-founder and CEO of SwiftStack, brings you up-to-speed on the basic conceptsof object storage and walks you through what you need to know to plan, build,operate, and measure the performance of your own Swift storage system.
Object storage isessential today with the growth of web, mobile, and software-as-a-service(SaaS) applications. This book helps you through the process, with separatesections on application development, installation, administration, andtroubleshooting.
- Learn Swift’s conceptsfor organizing, distributing, and serving data
- Explore basic andadvanced features of the Swift RESTful API
- Delve into Swift’smany client libraries, including useful Python features
- Write middleware tocustomize and simplify your storage system
- Understandrequirements for planning a Swift deployment—including your specific use case
- Learn options forcoaxing the best performance from your cluster
- Get best practices fordaily operations, such as monitoring and planning capacity additions
- Pick up techniques fortesting and benchmarking your Swift cluster