If you intend to use Amazon Web Services (AWS)for remote computing and storage, Python is an ideal programming language fordeveloping applications and controlling your cloud-based infrastructure. Thiscookbook gets you started with more than two dozen recipes for using Pythonwith AWS, based on the author’s boto library.
You’ll find detailed recipes for working withthe S3 storage service as well as EC2, the service that lets you design andbuild cloud applications. Each recipe includes a code solution you can useimmediately, along with a discussion of why and how the recipe works. You alsoget detailed advice for using boto with AWS and other cloud services.
This book’s recipes include methods to helpyou:
- Launch instances on EC2, and keep track of them with tags
- Associate an Elastic IP address with an instance
- Restore a failed Elastic Block Store volume from a snapshot
- Store and monitor your own custom metrics in CloudWatch
- Create a bucket in S3 to contain your data objects
- Reduce the cost of storing noncritical data
- Prevent accidental deletion of data in S3