Yes,you can use responsive web design to create high performance, compellingwebsites. With this practical book, author Tom Barker demonstrates thatresponsive design is not just a frontend-only approach, but also a philosophyfor taking advantage of the entire web stack. Responsive design patterns andanti-patterns, derived from heavily used real-world sites, are guidingprinciples throughout the book.
Idealfor frontend-focused web developers, this book shows you how to incorporateresponsiveness and performance into your project plan, use Node.js fordevice-specific functionality on the backend, and write automated tests for acontinuous integration environment. You’ll explore many useful tools andresponsive frameworks, and gain useful insights from Barker’s own experiencewith responsive design along the way.
- Get a primer on web performance concepts, web runtime performance, and performance tracking tools
- Write functionality with Node.js that serves up a device-specific experience to the client
- Explore client-side solutions, such as lazy loading entire sections of a page—including images, styling, and content
- Validate service level agreements (SLAs) by writing automated tests with PhantomJS
- Examine several responsive frameworks, including the author’s server-side framework, Ripple