BeagleBone is an inexpensive web server,Linux desktop, and electronics hub that includes all the tools you need tocreate your own projects—whether it’s robotics, gaming, drones, orsoftware-defined radio. If you’re new to BeagleBone Black, or want to exploremore of its capabilities, this cookbook provides scores of recipes forconnecting and talking to the physical world with this credit-card-sizedcomputer.
All you need is minimal familiarity with computer programming and electronics.Each recipe includes clear and simple wiring diagrams and example code to getyou started. If you don’t know what BeagleBone Black is, you might decide toget one after scanning these recipes.
- Learn how to use BeagleBone to interact with the physical world
- Connect force, light, and distance sensors
- Spin servo motors, stepper motors, and DC motors
- Flash single LEDs, strings of LEDs, and matrices of LEDs
- Manage real-time input/output (I/O)
- Work at the Linux I/O level with shell commands, Python, and C
- Compile and install Linux kernels
- Expand BeagleBone’s functionality by adding capes
- Explore the Internet of Things