This book has been meticulously written in order to cater to the knowledge requirements of sailing Electrical Officers and Marine Engineers who aim to qualify for the Certificate of Competency. It is also a prescribed text book for approved High Voltage Courses.
The 11 chapters flow from the basic to more complex systems and equipment that are vital to a ship's safe operation and maintenance. They are as follows:
- Electrical Safe Working Practice
- The Practical Aspects of Electrical Circuits
- Electronic Components
- Alternators, Switchboards and Switchgear
- Starters and Control Equipment for Motors
- Miscellaneous Systems
- Explosion Proof Equipment
- Automation and Instrumentation
- High Voltage Safety and Switchgear
- Interpretation of Relevant SOLAS Regulations
- Questions and Answers for Competency Exams
About the Author
Jagabandhu Majumder is a Chartered Engineer and Member of the Association of Engineers(India). He is a certified Maritime Trainer and Assessor, A Technical Suprerintendent , International Maritime Training Centre , Mumbai, India with a total of 43 years of Learning, hands-on and teaching experience in the Maritime field.
Elstan A. Fernandez
Elstan A. Fernandez is a Chartered Engineer and fellow of the Association of Engineers(India) and Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology(UK). He is a certified Maritime Trainer and Assessor, The Founder Member of Indian Authors Association with a total of 37 years of Learning, hands-on and teaching experience in the Maritime field.