Discover why routers in the Juniper MX Series—with their advanced feature sets and record-breaking scale—are so popular among enterprises and network service providers. This revised and expanded edition shows you step-by-step how to implement high-density, high-speed Layer 2 and Layer 3 Ethernet services, using Router Engine DDoS Protection, Multi-chassis LAG, Inline NAT, IPFLOW, and many other Juniper MX features.
This second edition was written by a Senior NOC engineer, whose vast experience with the MX Series is well documented. Each chapter covers a specific Juniper MX vertical and includes review questions to help you test what you’ve learned. This edition includes new chapters on load balancing and vMX—Juniper MX’s virtual instance.
- Work with Juniper MX’s bridging, VLAN mapping, and support for thousands of virtual switches
- Examine Juniper MX high-availability features and protocols
- Use Trio Chipset’s load balancing features for different types of traffic
- Explore the benefits and typical use cases of vMX
- Add an extra layer of security with Junos DDoS protection
- Create a firewall filter framework that applies filters specific to your network
- Discover the advantages of hierarchical scheduling
- Combine Juniper MX routers, using a virtual chassis or Multi-chassis LAG
- Install network services such as Network Address Translation (NAT)