The biggest online threat to businesses and consumers today is ransomware, a category of malware that can encrypt your computer files until you pay a ransom to unlock them. With this practical book, you’ll learn how easily ransomware infects your system and what steps you can take to stop the attack before it sets foot in the network.
Security experts Allan Liska and Timothy Gallo explain how the success of these attacks has spawned not only several variants of ransomware, but also a litany of ever-changing ways they’re delivered to targets. You’ll learn pragmatic methods for responding quickly to a ransomware attack, as well as how to protect yourself from becoming infected in the first place.
- Learn how ransomware enters your system and encrypts your files
- Understand why ransomware use has grown, especially in recent years
- Examine the organizations behind ransomware and the victims they target
- Learn how wannabe hackers use Ransomware as a Service (RaaS) to launch campaigns
- Understand how ransom is paid—and the pros and cons of paying
- Use methods to protect your organization’s workstations and servers