Augmented Reality (AR) blurs the boundary between the physical and digital worlds. In ARs current exploration phase, innovators are beginning to create compelling and contextually rich applications that enhance a users everyday experiences. In this book, Dr. Helen Papagiannisa world-leading expert in the fieldintroduces you to AR: how its evolving, where the opportunities are, and where its headed.
If youre a designer, developer, entrepreneur, student, educator, business leader, artist, or simply curious about ARs possibilities, this insightful guide explains how you can become involved with an exciting, fast-moving technology.
Youll explore how:
- Computer vision, machine learning, cameras, sensors, and wearables change the way you see the world
- Haptic technology syncs what you see with how something feels
- Augmented sound and hearables alter the way you listen to your environment
- Digital smell and taste augment the way you share and receive information
- New approaches to storytelling immerse and engage users more deeply
- Users can augment their bodies with electronic textiles, embedded technology, and brain-controlled interfaces
- Human avatars can learn our behaviors and act on our behalf