A lot of work is required to release an API, but the effort doesn’t always pay off. Overplanning before an API matures is a wasted investment, while underplanning can lead to disaster. This practical guide provides maturity models for individual APIs and multi-API landscapes to help you invest the right human and company resources for the right maturity level at the right time.
- Learn which API decisions you need to govern and how and where to do so
- Design, deploy, and manage APIs using an API-as-a-product (AaaP) approach
- Examine ten pillars that form the foundation of API product work
- Learn how the continuous improvement model governs changes throughout an API’s lifetime
- Explore the five stages of a complete API product life cycle
- Delve into team roles needed to design, build, and maintain your APIs
- Learn how to manage your API landscape—the set of APIs published by your organization