All Indian Reprints of O'Reilly are printed in Grayscale.
Sound can profoundly impact how people interact with your product. Well-designed sounds can be exceptionally effective in conveying subtle distinctions, emotion, urgency, and information without adding visual clutter. In this practical guide, Amber Case and Aaron Day explain why sound design is critical to the success of products, environments, and experiences.
- Past, present, and upcoming advances in sound design
- Principles for designing quieter products
- Guidelines for intelligently adding and removing sound in interactions
- When to use voice interfaces, how to consider personalities, and how to build a knowledge map of queries
- Working with brands to create unique and effective audio logos that will speak to your customers
- Adding information using sonification and generative audio