A book designed for SysAdmins, Operations staff, Developers and DevOps who are interested in deploying a log management solution using the open source Elasticsearch Logstash & Kibana or ELK stack.
In this book we will walk you through installing, deploying, managing and extending Logstash. We're going to do that by introducing you to Example.com, where you're going to start a new job as one of its SysAdmins. The first project you'll be in charge of is developing its new log management solution.
We'll teach you how to:
- Install and deploy Logstash.
- Ship events from a Logstash Shipper to a central Logstash server.
- Filter incoming events using a variety of techniques.
- Add structured logging to your applications and parse your application logs.
- Output those events to a selection of useful destinations.
- Use Logstash's awesome web interface Kibana.
- Scale out your Logstash implementation as your environment grows.
- Quickly and easily extend Logstash to deliver additional functionality you might need.
- By the end of the book you should have a functional and effective log management solution that you can deploy into your own environment.