This manual provides an introduction to Python, an easy to learn object-oriented programming language.Python combines power with clear syntax. It has modules, classes, exceptions, very high level data types, and dynamic typing. Python can link directly to libraries written in C or C++ and can be embedded as an extension language for applications that need a programmable interface. This is a printed edition of the official Python tutorial from the Python 3.2 distribution.
The complete set of Python documentation includes the following manuals:
- An Introduction to Python
- The Python Language Reference Manual
- The Python Library Reference Manual
- The Python /C API Reference Manual
- Extending and Embedding the Python Interpreter
About The Authors
Guido van Rossum is the inventor of Python and a recipient of the Free Software Foundation Award for his work on the language.