About the Book
This book caters to the structured curricula for Marine Engineering Pre-Sea Students, Marine Engineers of all post-sea competency levels and Electro Technical Officers of the Merchant Navy. This book can also be used as reference material for other related courses and in libraries.
Comprising of 24 chapters in simple English, it explains not only the fundamentals but also the constructional features, operating principles, maintenance procedures and rules that govern the safe operation of important electrical systems onboard a commercial ship.
Extracts from SOLAS Regulations, IACS Guidelines, Lloyd's Register, Det Norske Veritas and American Bureau of Shipping Rules, have been included with permission. Many worldclass organisations and manufacturers have extended their invaluable support and enriched the content too.
The Teaching Guide at the beginning of this book suggests a standard teaching methodology. The question bank, with a total of over 1000 questions, covers all topics that have been explained. This edition also contains about 600 relevant figures, including photographs that have been contributed by leading equipment manufacturers across the world.
About the Author
Elstan A. Fernandez Linkedin.com/in/elstan/
- Chartered Engineer - Institution of Engineers (India)
- Fellow of the Institution of Engineers (India)
- Member of The Institution of Engineering and Technology (UK)
- Member of Leaders Excellence at Harvard Square (USA)
- Specialist in Marine Control Systems (Latvia)
- Certified Maritime Trainer and Assessor (SCI, India)
- Founder Member of Indian Authors Association
- Co-founder KUAILZ Education and Training System (kuailz.com)
- CEO and Founder - Xiotas Technologies (xiotas.com)
- Head of Development and Operations, Solar Association
- Leader's Panel, Zen Leadership Excellence
- Advisory Board, JS Enviro
- Advisory Board, Promising Indians Society
- Vice President, Pune Christian Entrepreneurs
- Electrical Officer, Faculty for ETOs and Course Officer for Marine Engineers, Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies, Pune, India.