All Indian Reprints of O'Reilly are printed in Grayscale
Get the lowdown on CockroachDB, the distributed SQL database built to handle the demands of today's data-driven cloud applications. In this hands-on guide, software developers, architects, and DevOps/SRE teams will learn how to use CockroachDB to create applications that scale elastically and provide seamless delivery for end users while remaining indestructible. Teams will also learn how to migrate existing applications to CockroachDB's performant, cloud-native data architecture.
If you're familiar with distributed systems, you'll quickly discover the benefits of strong data correctness and consistency guarantees as well as optimizations for delivering ultra-low latencies to globally distributed end users.
You'll learn how to:
- Design and build applications for distributed infrastructure, including data modeling and schema design
- Migrate data into CockroachDB
- Read and write data and run ACID transactions across distributed infrastructure
- Plan a CockroachDB deployment for resiliency across single region and multi-region clusters
- Secure, monitor, and optimize your CockroachDB deployment
Table of Contents (9789355421951_toc.pdf, 61 Kb) [Download]