All Indian Reprints of O'Reilly are printed in Grayscale
Imagine what you could do if scalability wasn't a problem. With this hands-on guide, you’ll learn how the Cassandra database management system handles hundreds of terabytes of data while remaining highly available across multiple data centers. This third edition—updated for Cassandra 4.0—provides the technical details and practical examples you need to put this database to work in a production environment.
Authors Jeff Carpenter and Eben Hewitt demonstrate the advantages of Cassandra’s nonrelational design, with special attention to data modeling. If you’re a developer, DBA, or application architect looking to solve a database scaling issue or future-proof your application, this guide helps you harness Cassandra’s speed and flexibility.
- Understand Cassandra’s distributed and decentralized structure
- Use the Cassandra Query Language (CQL) and cqlsh—the CQL shell
- Create a working data model and compare it with an equivalent relational model
- Develop sample applications using client drivers for languages including Java, Python, and Node.js
- Explore cluster topology and learn how nodes exchange data