Categories Categories

Business Strategy

No, 2014, Shroff Publishers & Distributors Pvt. Ltd, First, India, Paperback, New, Sharan
The book is a brief reproduction of the experiences of the author when he was the member of the strategic core group of SAIL. As professor, the Author has covered details of Strategic MANAGEMENT in Mumbai University and also in Ranchi University.

The book covers almost all vital areas of strategic management starting from Definition of strategy, Mission, Objectives, Business Policy, Strategic Planning, Strategic Implementation, Strategic Profile of an Industry, Strategy and Structure, Grand Strategy, Generic Strategy, Value chain Analysis, Strategic Change, Strategic Evaluation, Strategy of Turnaround Management, Experience Curve, Mergers
and Acquisitions and Board of Directors.

In addition, the book provides a list of 16 cases which were either handled directly the author or analyzed by him. The need for this book was felt by the author while conducting classes in various B-Schools in Mumbai and elsewhere. For 90% of the students, they aim at lucidly building foundations in Strategic Management in very simple, brief and accurate perception of the subject which might have helped them in performing strategic functions after placement. The remaining 10% students who are interested in researching, analyzing and examining the niceties of the concept refer voluminous literature on the subject and
explore the various related aspects of strategic issues. But this 10% group also requires building basic foundations which this book provides.

About the Author
Mr. S.B. Sharan
obtained a Masters degree in Political Science in 1964. He, thereafter, completed a Post Graduate Degree in Labour and Social Welfare from Kolkata University. Finally, he achieved an Advanced
Honours Degree in Management from U.K. He has 32 years of experience in HRD in Steel Authority of India Ltd where he was an active member of the Strategic Core Group of SAIL. He has also worked as
Director of a B-School in Ranchi University for about 6 years. He was also the Head of Human Resources Management in a Cement Industry of Birlas.

So far as Brief Note about the Book is concerned, kindly refer to note about the book which I sent you on 20.2.2014. The first three paragraphs of the note can be published on the Book.
In stock
2012, Shroff/O'Reilly, N, 1, Paperback, New, Gray

The future of work is already here.

Customers are adopting disruptive technologies faster than your company can adapt. When your customers are delighted, they can amplify your message in ways that were never before possible. But when your company’s performance runs short of what you’ve promised, customers can seize control of your brand message, spreading their disappointment and frustration faster than you can keep up.

To keep pace with today’s connected customers, your company must become a connected company. That means deeply engaging with workers, partners, and customers, changing how work is done, how you measure success, and how performance is rewarded. It requires a new way of thinking about your company: less like a machine to be controlled, and more like a complex, dynamic system that can learn and adapt over time.

Connected companies have the advantage, because they learn and move faster than their competitors. While others work in isolation, they link into rich networks of possibility and expand their influence.

Connected companies around the world are aggressively acquiring customers and disrupting the competition. In The Connected Company, we examine what they’re doing, how they’re doing it, and why it works. And we show you how your company can use the same principles to adapt—and thrive—in today’s ever-changing global marketplace.

About the Authors
Dave Gray, SVP Strategy, Dachis Group, is an author and management consultant who works with the world's leading companies to develop and execute winning strategies. His previous book, Gamestorming (O'Reilly), has sold more than 50,000 copies and has been translated into 14 languages.

Thomas Vander Wal has been working with folksonomies since their darkest origins, and is credited with inventing the terms 'folksonomy'and 'infocloud'. He talks and writes about folksonomies more or less continuously. Thomas is also on the Steering Committee of the Web Standards Project and helped found the Information Architecture Institute. He lives in Bethesda, Maryland.

In stock