The book covers data migration, data consolidation, and data integration, the three scenarios that are typically part of the information integration life cycle. Organizations typically find themselves migrating data to Oracle and either later, or at the same time, consolidating multiple database instances into a single global instance for a department, or even an entire company. The business savings and technical benefits of data consolidation cannot be overlooked, and this book will help you to use Oracle's technology to achieve these goals.
This highly practical and business-applicable book will teach you to be successful with the latest Oracle data and application integration, migration, information life-cycle management, and consolidation products and technologies.
In this book, you will gain hands-on advice about data consolidation, integration, and migration using tools and best practices. Along the way you will leverage products like Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle GoldenGate, and SQL Developer, as well as Data Hubs and 11gR2 Database.
The book covers everything from the early background of information integration and the impact of SOA, to products like Oracle GoldenGate and Oracle Data Integrator. By the end you'll have a clear idea of where information and application integration is headed and how to plan your own projects.
What You Will Learn
- Get to grips with all that Oracle has to offer for information integration, migration, consolidation, and information life cycle management
- Gain insight into migration tools and practices that are not well documented or understood even by many Oracle architects
- Take a deep dive into how information integration and data migration are achieved in a complete and robust Oracle environment
- Evaluate which Oracle products to implement to meet your company's unique technical requirements
- Migrate data to Oracle in the most cost-effective, high performance and efficient manner
- Learn from real-world case studies to help you define your own information and application integration solutions
- Understand how Oracle's latest combined hardware and software platforms can be used not only to consolidate data, but as an information service bus solution 'in a box'
- Tackle a myriad of tools like Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle Golden Gate, and many more
- Absorb the facts surrounding Oracle's strategic offering, Application Integration Architecture (AIA)
- Understand the past, present, and future of Oracle Application Integration
- Utilize an Oracle and a partner's product offerings to manage your large volumes of rarely accessed, but mission-critical information
- Master an Oracle Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) application
Jason Williamson has over 17 years of experience in technology and business execution, from software development, product marketing, and management, to entrepreneurial enterprises. During his tenure with Oracle, he has been responsible for helping to develop and implement Oracle's strategy around legacy and business systems transformation. As an expert in modernization, Jason has worked with key Oracle customers around the world particularly in Financial Services, the Public Sector, and Healthcare to build and implement strategic transformation projects, which have lead to significant increase in revenue or cost reduction for Oracle's clients. Jason's responsibilities have also included helping to execute the modernization program within EMEA and Latin America. He now serves as a special advisor to Oracle's premier customers in the financial services industry. Prior to joining Oracle, Jason has a diverse background in both technology and business leadership. He also served as founder and CTO for the construction industry's first SaaS/CRM offering. He led BuildLinks from concept to a multi-million dollar company and forged key financial and business partnerships with Sprint/Nextel and Intuit. This venture opened the door for him to establish a non-profit dedication to entrepreneurial and technology education in developing nations, which enabled the establishment of multiple self-sustaining companies in Latin America. Outside of his entrepreneurial efforts, he has served in key positions within fortune 500 professional service and financial services firms. Jason's background includes experience in Financial Services, Construction, Public Sector, Defense, and Healthcare. He also served his country in the United States Marine Corps. Jason spends his free time with his wife Susan and four children. He serves as a coach for youth sports and is involved in advocacy, fundraising, and speaking for Spina Bifida awareness.
Table of Contents
1:GETTING STARTED WITH INFORMATION INTEGRATION
2:ORACLE TOOLS AND PRODUCTS
3:APPLICATION AND DATA INTEGRATION CASE STUDY
4:ORACLE DATABASE MIGRATIONS
5:DATABASE MIGRATION CHALLENGES AND SOLUTIONS
6:DATA CONSOLIDATION AND MANAGEMENT
7:DATABASE-CENTRIC DATA INTEGRATION
8:APPLICATION AND PROCESS INTEGRATION
9:INFORMATION LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT FOR TRANSACTIONAL APPLICATIONS
No posts found