Dive into Bitcoin technology with this hands-on guide from one of the leading teachers on Bitcoin and Bitcoin programming. Author Jimmy Song shows Python programmers and developers how to program a Bitcoin library from scratch. You’ll learn how to work with the basics, including the math, blocks, network, and transactions behind this popular cryptocurrency and its blockchain payment system.
- Parse, validate, and create bitcoin transactions
- Learn how to use the Bitcoin Script smart contract language
- Work with exercises in each chapter to build a Bitcoin library from scratch
- Understand how to secure a blockchain by verifying proof of work
- Program Bitcoin using Python 3 and libraries including pycoin
- Understand how simplified payment verification and light wallets work
- Work with public-key cryptography and cryptographic primitives