All Indian Reprints of O'Reilly are printed in Grayscale.
Need to learn statistics as part of your job, or want some help passing a statistics course? Statistics in a Nutshell is a clear and concise introduction and reference that's perfect for anyone with no previous background in the subject. This book gives you a solid understanding of statistics without being too simple, yet without the numbing complexity of most college texts.
You get a firm grasp of the fundamentals and a hands-on understanding of how to apply them before moving on to the more advanced material that follows. Each chapter presents you with easy-to-follow descriptions illustrated by graphics, formulas, and plenty of solved examples. Before you know it, you'll learn to apply statistical reasoning and statistical techniques, from basic concepts of probability and hypothesis testing to multivariate analysis.
- Learn basic concepts of measurement and probability theory, data management, and research design
- Discover basic statistical procedures, including correlation, the t-test, the chi-square and Fisher's exact tests, and techniques for analyzing nonparametric data
- Learn advanced techniques based on the general linear model, including ANOVA, ANCOVA, multiple linear regression, and logistic regression
- Use and interpret statistics for business and quality improvement, medical and public health, and education and psychology
- Communicate with statistics and critique statistical information presented by others